May 3, 2010

The Flower Fields

When I began planning our trip to San Diego, I did an internet search of things to see and do.
One of the things that I found was the Flower Fields in Carlsbad, CA.
Mom and I both love pretty flowers, so I knew that a visit to the
Flower Fields had to be on our list.

The view as we entered the Flower Fields.
I can't imagine what it would be like to open my window
and have a view like this.

Mom posed for a photo.


The Giant Ranunculus is grown in the fields. They are beautiful.




There was also an amazing rose garden.
When I showed my pictures to dad, he was bored with all the rose photos.
I choose only a couple of my favorites for the blog.
I love the 2004 Memorial Day. It just looks so soft and frilly.




The Charlotte Armstrong was pretty, too.


There were several areas of daisies.
Lucky for me, because daisies are one of my
all time favorite flowers.



At the entrance to the parking area of the Flower Fields was a stand where you could
buy fresh strawberries and strawberry shortcake. As we were leaving, we stopped to buy a
strawberry shortcake. I'm bummed that I didn't take a picture. There was
a lot of traffic and mom was trying to hold her shortcake and mine while I found a place
to park so we could eat them. They were very tasty!









1 comment: