April 26, 2009

What I Am Reading

I am reading, “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God,” by Lysa Terkeurst. I have read her blog for about a year. I love her style, her honesty. She appears to be just an everyday woman, mother, and wife. It is apparent that she loves God.

I had not, however, read any of her books. I can say that I haven’t been disappointed in this book. It is full of God’s truths.

For a couple of weeks, as I have been reading Lysa’s book, I have heard God whisper that he wants me to write for him. I have tried to ignore the whispers; telling Him that I know nothing about writing; yet I hear another whisper, “You have a blog.” To which I have responded, “Just because I have a blog doesn’t mean I can write. What if I don’t punctuate correctly? What if I use a comma when it should be a semi-colon? What if people judge me? What if? What if?”

With each excuse, I hear a whisper, “I want you to write for me.”

So I am saying yes to God. I will write for him. Even if it means I don’t punctuate correctly, even if it means I will be judged, even if I am not perfect. I am learning to trust Him completely. He will give me words.

I will still share pictures of my projects and silly things that are going on in my life. Whatever I share, just know I am writing for Him.

Blessings,

No comments: