February 15, 2009

Catching Up

It’s hard for me to believe that it is the middle of February. The first six weeks of 2009 passed in a flash!

I worked in El Paso from December 29 through January 16. I’m blessed that I was allowed to travel home each weekend, but the time at home was short…just enough time to do laundry, pack and head back to the airport. There is only one direct flight from Lubbock to El Paso each day. When I fly on Sunday, I elect not to take the direct flight as it leaves at 9:30a. I take a later flight which takes me to Dallas then to El Paso. I’m not complaining; I would rather fly than drive. Can you imagine driving from Lubbock to El Paso…alone????

On January 21, I met my dear friend, Raquel, in Houston. We had a great time, just hanging out, catching up and attending the Proverbs 31 Girls Night Out. The GNO was hosted by KSBJ, a Houston Christian radio station. Lysa TerKeurst and Renee Swope from Proverbs 31 were there, along with Kate Gosselin and Aiyesha Woods. The event was sold out…4,000 women. Lisa and Kate even signed our books.

Raquel wanted to visit family in Austin before returning to Virginia. On Friday afternoon I took her back to IAH so that she could pick up her rental car and she headed to Austin. I shopped at Sam Moon (for the second time this trip...it was so close to the airport) then headed to Archiver’s my favorite scrapbook store. I returned home on Saturday very refreshed. It was a great trip, relaxing and insightful.

When I travel, my parents keep my baby, Sophie (a red Pomeranian). Because I travel so much for work, Sophie stays with mom and dad a lot. They spoil her terribly and I sometimes wonder if she thinks she belongs to them. My parents know that I miss her, so they brought her to see me on January 31. Sophie still knew who I was…I was thrilled. She does not like to have her picture taken. She runs in the opposite direction when she sees the camera (yes she knows what the camera is when she sees it). I never get very good pics of her. Here is one of the better ones.

My one and only niece (I have three nephews) also spent the night. She wanted to use my scrapbook supplies and stamps to work on a heart Valentine’s coloring contest. She did a great job on her project. I also promised that she could come back next Saturday and I would help her make her valentines. On Sunday, I headed to El Paso…again.

I arrived home late on February 6. Saturday morning, I ran errands. That afternoon my niece came over to make valentines. We die cut some hearts, she glittered and glued, stamped the sentiment and she had some cute, sweet cards. FYI…I now have glitter everywhere. Oh well, as long as she had fun. She had been to the hair stylist before coming to my house. We had to take a few quick pictures of her new do.

I dropped her off at her house on Sunday and headed back to the airport…back to El Paso for my final week. I arrived back home on Friday, February 13…I was exhausted and so thankful to be HOME. I have rested the past two days and I’m excited that tomorrow is a holiday.

I know this was a LONG post, thanks for your patience. The good news is, I finally bought a laptop…Whoo Hoo!! I am so excited. My goal is to post something at least once a week, maybe more...I may even post daily...

Have a blessed evening.


1 comment:

Raquel Rothe said...

Char, I enjoyed it tremendously as you are always insightful and motivating for me..I appreciate and all you do! Come back to VA, Sister-we have an Extraordinary Women's Conference here in Roanoke Sept 25 & 26-see wwww.ewomen.com. I'll wait to hear from you....R