September 6, 2011

Celebrations

Whew!  The past few weeks have been busy.

Dad celebrated his 80th birthday on August 27. 





We celebrated mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversay on September 3 with a casual dinner that included family and friends.

Their anniversay is not until September 15; but due to busy schedules, we chose to celebrate early. We served brisket, potato salad, coleslaw, pasta salad, rice, beans, rolls and sweet tea. I'm sad to say that I didn't take many pictures during the food preparation or the actual event. Once the meal was served, I hated to take pictures while everyone was eating. Then before I knew what was happening, some folks began to leave.

I did get a picture of the cake. We got it at the Cakery in Lubbock. It tasted as good as it looked.


  I hope your Labor Day weekend was filled with great memories!


1 comment:

Jacque said...

Beautiful cake! Is that a kitten sneaking into the picture of your mom and dad?